This is an ongoing challenge I started a while ago on Stage 1 of the Introduction Diet! Here you can read all about the beginning of the journey and a short explanation of the first stage (there are actually 6 stages)!
I’m eating according to the book „Gut and Psychology Syndrome“ (short: GAPS). I will do this challenge until my gut seems healed enough to start with the GAPS Full Diet which is basically Paleo with lots of broth. Remember to only introduce one ingredient at a time!
GAPS Introduction Diet (Phase 3)
In the morning:
1 glass of warm water with probiotics ( > 50 billion organisms per serving is best – choose a multi-strain probiotic)
3 meals with:
– broth and the meat which it was made of (can be eaten between meals when hungry)
– vegetable soup with broth as base (no vegetables with too much fiber e. g. zucchini peel, broccoli stems)
– sauerkraut juice
– ghee (clarified butter)
– whole, soft boiled eggs
– avocado (begin with 1 tsp per meal and raise continually)
– pancakes made of eggs, zucchini and almond butter (begin with a few pieces per meal and raise continually)
– sauerkraut or fermented vegetables (begin with 1tsp per meal and raise continually)
– fermented fish (I couldn’t find good sources so I won’t introduce fermented fish)
OR A WHOLE MEAL OF
– scrambled eggs with a lot of ghee/lard + avocado + cooked vegetables (also: put onion rings to your scrambled eggs – really tasty and healthy!)
Fermented cod liver oil (begin with a few drops after meals and raise gradually to 2tsp)
Introduce after including 2tsp of fermented cod liver oil: Fish oil + evening primrose oil
In between meals:
– ginger tea (also really good: mint, chamomile or olive leaf)
Are you or were you on the GAPS diet and have tips or would like to share your experience with us? If you should have any questions you can post a comment below and I’ll be glad to help you!