This is an ongoing challenge I started a while ago on Stage 1 of the Introduction Diet! Here you can read all about the beginning of the journey and a short explanation of the first stage (there are actually 6 stages)!
I’m eating according to the book „Gut and Psychology Syndrome“ (short: GAPS). I will do this challenge until my gut seems healed enough to start with the GAPS Full Diet which is basically Paleo with lots of broth.
GAPS Introduction Diet (Phase 2)
In the morning:
1 glass of warm water with probiotics ( > 50 billion organisms per serving is best – choose a multi-strain probiotic)
3 meals with:
– broth and the meat which it was made of (can be eaten between meals when hungry)
– vegetable soup with broth as base (no vegetables with too much fiber e. g. zucchini peel, broccoli stems)
– sauerkraut juice
– ghee (clarified butter) (begin with 1 tsp per day and raise continually)
– 1 egg yolk per day (goal: 3 per day) -> when tolerated switch to whole, soft boiled eggs with every meal (I’ll eat 1-3 per meal but you can eat more if you’d like to!)
In between meals:
– ginger tea (also really good: mint, chamomile or olive leaf)
Are you or were you on the GAPS diet and have tips or would like to share your experience with us? If you should have any questions you can post a comment below and I’ll be glad to help you!